Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
2. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
3. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
4. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
5. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
6. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
7. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
8. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
9. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
10. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
11. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
12. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
13. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
14. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
15. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
16. This them to appear on both brands.
17. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
18. He was not to form his own gens.
19. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
20. Detainees were to request witnesses.
21. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
22. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
23. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
24. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
25. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
26. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
27. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
28. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
29. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
30. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
31. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
32. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
33. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
34. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
35. They were not to leave remote villages.
36. The result of the debate was that it was not .
37. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
38. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
39. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
40. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
Return to full list of frequently confused words