Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
2. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
3. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
4. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
5. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
6. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
7. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
8. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
9. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
10. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
11. He was not to form his own gens.
12. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
13. The result of the debate was that it was not .
14. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
15. This them to appear on both brands.
16. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
17. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
18. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
19. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
20. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
21. Detainees were to request witnesses.
22. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
23. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
24. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
25. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
26. They were not to leave remote villages.
27. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
28. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
29. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
30. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
31. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
32. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
33. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
34. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
35. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
36. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
37. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
38. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
39. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
40. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
Return to full list of frequently confused words