Confused Words: censure vs censor
1. After only one year in office the in 109 BC elected Marcus Livius Drusus died.
2. If we consider the time needed to prepare the engravings and the approval by the , Corbelletti must know the hatching system of Petra Sancta even before 1638.
3. On November 2, members of the U.D.D. organized a motion of in the National Assembly.
4. If a person should at any time exceed in it, he can easily reform without exposing himself to the of the public.
5. From the insolence of office, too, they are frequently indifferent how they exercise it, and are very apt to or deprive him of his office wantonly and without any just cause.
6. A.s.h does not information on suicide methods and does not prohibit such discussion.
7. The Board reacted to the complaint, insisting on the replacement of the word, which was later replaced with "Dilli".
8. It was finally submitted to the in January 1945.
9. However, the film ran into trouble with the Indian board and hasn't been released to date.
10. In 351 BC, Gaius Marcius Rutilus was elected as the first plebeian .
11. Wright returned to the charge in 1693, but again the assembly refused to Caffyn.
12. In 443 BC, the right to take the census was moved from the consuls to the newly established office of .
13. ``I deserve neither such praise nor such ,''cried Elizabeth;``I am not a great reader, and I have pleasure in many things.''
14. Marcius prevented this situation from repeating itself by originating a law stating that no one could be elected twice.
15. Emperor Xuanzong rejected both recommendations, and made Cui Rizhi a general and Cui Yinfu the chief imperial .
16. Joseph I. Breen alleged that the cartoon violated the Hays Production Code, a set of rules for the content of American films, because it burlesqued religion.
17. The film did not encounter many ship problems, although the scene where Carter knifes Albert Swift caused concern for the John Trevelyan.
18. The screenplay by Thea von Harbou was first submitted to the on 21 May 1941, but was not passed until 28 February 1942.
19. As , he ordered the construction of the "Via Aemilia Scaura" and restored several bridges.
20. Resisting ecclesiastical , he left Jena (Feb.
21. Controversy spilled over into the press when the British government attempted to the printing of their programme information.
22. In people of their own station, therefore, they regard such excesses with but a small degree of disapprobation, and them either very slightly or not at all.
23. This was the only time a person was elected twice.
24. In 294 and 265 BC, Gaius Marcius Rutilus inus was elected .
25. No leading London actor, with the exception of David Garrick, had escaped , and in the "Apology" Garrick was clearly threatened.
26. It has set up a special body to rap music because it believes this type of music does not fit the Uzbek musical culture.
27. Along with many in Hollywood, Bernstein faced during the McCarthy era of the early 1950s.
28. For if you are not acting rightly, shun the act itself; if rightly, however, why fear misplaced ?
29. In 726, the official Yuwen Rong became deputy chief imperial (御史中丞, "Yushi Zhongcheng").
30. He even decided, about 1537, to return to the obedience of the Observants, through fear of incurring some ecclesiastical .
31. Governor Bradford's of the Maypole tradition played a central role in Nathaniel Hawthorne's fictional story The Maypole of Merry Mount, 1837.
32. At one point the FR found itself facing motions by the Association of Railway Preservation Societies(ARPS) and the Association of Independent Railways (AIR).
33. In 312 BC, Appius Claudius Caecus was elected without being consul before.
34. His of those travellers who swerve from the truth.
35. It is the system of government, the situation in which they are placed, that I mean to , not the character of those who have acted in it.
36. But it is to God's the Christian appeals, the Roman to his own soul.
37. In 393 BC, Marcus Cornelius Maluginensis was elected suffect to replace the deceased Gaius Iulius Iullus.
38. The work on "The Beaverskin" was relatively free from .
39. In this sense, it is closer to a motion of .
40. NHS has been under an Ontario Nurses Association (ONA) since February 2003.
Return to full list of frequently confused words